Wednesday, September 10, 2008

~all about me~










like life has come to a standstill..m still doin the same old thing..lying in bed,addicted to mans greatest creation-the internet..looking back a million times and thinking of ol' times,never forgetting,never regretting,never-stop-cherishing and longing for everything that was once there and long ignored and taken for granted.from those days at hillwoods to the crazy johnian days..and the georgian rollercoaster ride..still remember the day my parents left me at hillwoods saying they would come back..and leaving me all alone,so small,in a world so new..hillwoods with all those beautiful lawns n
those wonderful plum/pear trees which happened to be our playground..who can get more lucky?those friendly dogs that were a part of the school..still remember the day scoobydoo passed away..and all those lil' kids who went up the hill for the funeral crying,whereas i,being a newcomer just stood there not knowing whether to cry with them..and hillwoods was surprisingly the only place where i topped the class and was considered brilliant and a "good" girl.sadly history never repeats itself and that never did happen again.no one ever thought those innocent things about me after good old hillwoods.breaks my heart to think molly aunty had to shut down the school.so there goes another place i loved ,hidden from the world and lost!Then i entered georges,following the tradition that all hillwoods children abide by..for the giant that georges was..and for all that i complain about the place,in truth..i think it helped build ME..helped me become independant,head-on-my-sholuders,never afraid to speak my mind,and five years of my life just wasnt enough thinking of it now.all my wonderful friends from there,half of whom i got to know after school..are the best of people you can ever find..each one different in their own way and different from everybody else..and each one has touched my life in a different way..and my pathetic attitude would nt let me tell them just how special evryone of them are to me..only guessing that they do..coming back to georges,it was an adventure by itself..never had to think there was nothing to do..i still wonder how i ran those 7km of crosscountry every day..amazing feat if performed now!!sneaking "grub" in to cottage,kneeling down,laughing our heads off with no qualms about tomorrow,all that gossiping,going "down the banks" to meet your boyfriends,pillow fights,gardening for all those who didnt clean up on sundays,shining cottage floors and not a single day went by when we didnt curse about shining..and i am here today thinking about what better school could i have gone to,and i have no answers as i cannot imagine life without all that georges has given me..and then came..st.johns which happened to me by chance and all i have to say about that place is "craziness" personified..in just 2 years time,i had learnt what i could nt have learnt in a lifetime..that life is how you look at it and how you make it!everyone i first considered enemies turned out to be my bestfriends who will always be special..and now in college,and i am the only one who went to a boarding school all my life out of all the 150 people in my class;you can only imagine how oddly i stand out..and looking back and thinking of all this only makes me wonder what i would nt do to relive all this,just one more time.funny that i can even say such good things about so many people and all these places..in life,only when you do not have all that you once had,only then do you know the luxury of all that was once yours..and everything sour is forgotten..only the sweetness of all that was,is cherished..boyfriends,the breakups,you go on to be bestfriends with a few and not-so-bestfriends with a few..but life goes on..and everything bad is forgotten.i am happy all this has happened to my life as i am able to sit here,laugh and cry about it today..and i am able to say i went to some of the finest boarding schools and have some very fine friends..what better way to live life!?i am lucky and always have been in every way i can possibly think of..i can only thank my parents today for not coming back and leaving me to fend for myself,so small,in a world so new...


5 comments:

Meera Vijayann said...

buddigsss!!!I read this already on your facebook pageee!!:P

Bb said...

too lazy to rite.so copying and pasting.dont want my page looking too empty and all.

crazy photon said...

beautiful straight-from-the-heart style of writing. there are subtle though not conflicting ideas/personalities that reflect in your writing. u come out as strangely sweet, yet with a well-in-place attitude.

its got those rough edges, which only add to the style. keep them.

faved!

Bb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nitin Dani said...

good stuff bhavna! glad to have contributed with my pics :P